Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kitchen Detox and The MIghty Nest

Unless I win the lottery or go back to work, whichever happens first, our great kitchen detox is going to move along slowly.  I just discovered these Mighty Packs from the Mighty Nest and had to stop myself from purchasing a monthly subscription - even with the 50% discount that was offered if you ordered by June 5th!!  If it is something you can afford, it seems like a great and fun way to introduce new non-toxic products into your home.

Our kitchen detox is happening like this.  Throw away anything suspect then replace it when we need it.  Of course this means me sending my husband out into the world at 4pm looking for a loaf pan so I can make a meatloaf (organic of course) last night.  Thankfully regular supermarkets sell Pyrex! And we were able to get dinner on the table by 6.

I did allow myself to purchase a few needed items.  Twist naked sponges (no dyes, no perfumes, no toxic glues), Dishmate dish soap (we have recently been using Dapple.  I know what you are thinking - a dish soap just for babies? Isn't that a gimmick?  Well Dapple is pretty awesome in that there are no parabens, SLS, SLES and 1,4 Dioxane - imagine that they have to specify that.  Dishmate does as well.  And in the end, Dishmate is cheaper) and lastly some Badger SPF 15 lip balm, because I really need it!

The biggest fear I have beyond aluminum cookware is plastic!  We used glass baby bottles and have been moving slowly towards using only glass, stainless steel and bamboo for food.  The problem we are having is with sippy cups.  Our guy prefers the straw version.  Oh and we are going through a throwing phase, so that leave glass out.  Luckily, very awesome people who care created this handy guide to dealing with plastics.

If anyone is looking for a gift for me, I gift certificate to this wonderful store would be much appreciated (wink, wink)!

No comments:

Post a Comment