Monday, August 13, 2012

Toxic Stroller: Part II

I have been doing a lot of research online regarding this subject and though I've found quite a bit of information, I will not be linking to any of it here.  The reason is, much the way skincare products change their formulations, so do the companies that make gear.  So far I have reached out to three companies that I had researched through other parties to NOT contain any chemicals, and I have one more that I am looking into as well, and possibly more.  So far, two have gotten back to me and I have to say that I was really disappointed.  Companies can greenwash all they want, discussing their use of recycled this and eco-friendly that and yet, when it comes down to it, they always seem to have some nasty chemical in them, specifically in regards to the industry standard, CA TB 117!  AHHHH!  Last year, an attempt was made to pass Senate Bill 147 -  The Consumer Choice Fire Safety Act (which would offer consumers a safe and healthy alternative to the fire retardants now commonly used) was NOT voted into law.  http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billStatusClient.xhtml

So what is there to do... for one thing, I have to recommend doing your own research.  Things are always changing.  If you 'd like me to let you in the research I have done, let me know and I will message you.  Where one year ago these companies claimed that they were not using these chemicals, now they are stating that they are.  I still have a lot more research to do on the subject and I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a chemical free stroller in 2012.  (Or at least one that you can get in the US and that doesn't cost $1,000). 


No comments:

Post a Comment