Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rate Your Makeup (and your deodorant, toothpaste, lotion, baby products etc...)

The reason I am starting this blog is to help point others towards the invaluble resources I have found in this journey of mine.

I want to take a moment to introduce the EWG's Skindeep website to those of you who do not know about it.  Skindeep has been my go-to these days to check up on products.  I often do this before purchasing.

Basically, you can look up any personal care product that you use or are thinking about using and you will get a score from 0-10 on it's toxicity.  0 being low hazard and 10 being, well, HIGHLY hazardous.   I've found this to be a great asset in my research and hope it will come in handy for you as well.

Some of my other favorite go-to sites include Safe Mama - ample amounts of research and cheat sheets to help you wade through the sea of safe and natural products; The Soft Landing and Bubble and Bee (more info to fascinate you plus they also make the deodorant that my husband is currently using).   And last but not least, Amazon, because I consider Amazon the master of user reviews.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment